Thai Red Curry Chicken
A Thai staple spiced with Belcour Honey Mustard and green mango
- 2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1/2 cup green beans cut into half inch pieces
- 1 cup of green mango skin removed sliced
- 1 cup onions
- 1 red bell pepper seeds remove and sliced into thin strips
- 8 oz. fresh or unsweetened coconut milk (do not shake the can)
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup of tomatoes
- 4 T. Thai red curry paste
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 t fresh ginger, grated
- 1 T. Kafir lime leaves (optional)
- 1 t. ground coriander seeds
- ½ t. cumin
- ½ t. turmeric
- ¼ fresh cilantro or basil roughly chopped
- 2 T. Asian fish sauce
- 2 T. butter
- 1 t. Belcour Honey Mustard Pepper Sauce – or hot pepper to taste
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
No special equipment required.
More recipes with:
- Cut the chicken in one inch by a quarter inch piece. Lightly season the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of oil to a wok or heavy sauté pan and over moderate heat sauté the chicken for about one minute in batches. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Sauté the green beans, mango and bell pepper over high heat for two minutes. Set aside.
- Heat 2 T. of oil in wok until very hot. Add the ground coriander, cumin and turmeric and lime leaves. Add onions, garlic ginger, tomatoes and turmeric and curry paste and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add the thick coconut cream and simmer for another 2 minutes. Then add the remaining coconut milk, stock, fish sauce.
- Simmer for 10 minutes until the sauce reduces and the flavors meld.
- Add the sautéed chicken, mango, green beans tomatoes, bell pepper and butter. Adjust for salt and pepper. Add the cilantro and stir in fresh lime juice.
- Simmer for a few minutes and serve over sticky rice.