Grilled Fish Fillets with Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
Fresh Mahi Mahi is marinated in an Asian dressing and delicately grilled.
Asian Marinade / Dressing
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 T. sesame oil
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 T. Belcour Honey Mustard Pepper Sauce
- 1 T. soy sauce
- 1 T. fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 t. chili paste with garlic
- 2 T. of Belcour Honey Ginger Hot Pepper Sauce
- 1 T. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 scallions
- ½ t. Lime Juice (a squeeze of lime)
- 1 T. vegetable oil
- Salt and Pepper
Wasabi Mashed Potatoes
- 3-4 Irish potatoes (or russets or Idaho)
- 1 T.wasabi paste
- 1 T. butter
No special equipment required.
More recipes with:
- Whisk all marinade ingredients together and pour over fish. Marinate fish filets up to one hour.
- Remove the filets from the marinade and place on a broiling pan. Put marinade ingredients into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Continue to cook over medium heat until it reduces to a glaze and adjust salt and pepper.
- Brush the glaze over the fish filets and dot with butter. Broil for five minutes or until the fish is flaky and cooked through, taking care not to overcook. If there is any remaining glaze, brush again when the fish is cooked.
- Boil potatoes and mash with potato masher or a ricer. Add Wasabi paste and butter, and stir or whisk well. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with grilled fish and a green salad or sautéed vegetables.