Sweet Chili Fish
An Asian-inspired offering coated in a sticky, sweet, and spicy sauce
- 1 lb. filet red snapper or grouper or tilapia
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 t. Belcour Honey Mustard
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, cored, seeded and sliced in julienne
- 1 medium white onion, diced
- Vegetable oil and non-stick canola oil spray
- Salt and pepper
- 3 T. Thai chilli paste
- 1 T. dark brown sugar
- 3 T. Belcour Honey Ginger Sauce
- 2 T. Braggs amino acids
- 2 T. dry white wine
- 1 T. Thai or Vietnamese fish sauce
- ¼ cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 T. cilantro leaves, finely copped
- 3 scallions, sliced on the bias
No special equipment required.
More recipes with:
- Rub olive oil on both sides of fish fillets and season fish with salt and black pepper.
- Heat a sauté pan and spray with canola oil spray. Sauté the fish fillets until just golden on each side.
- Remove from pan and sauté onion, sweet pepper and garlic in enough vegetable oil to coat the pan. Add the Thai chili paste, brown sugar, honey ginger sauce, Bragg’s and white wine.
- Stir well and add fish sauce and stock and continue to cook over medium heat.
- Place fish back in the pan and continue to cook over medium heat for about five minutes or until the fish is flaky and cooked through.
- Garnish with scallions and cilantro and serve with white rice and steamed green vegetables.