A rich, spiced cake warmed with famous Jamican ginger and topped with pineapple jam.
Belcour Cookbook, Desserts, Vegetarian
- 5 oz. fresh ginger, grated
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1/3 cup Belcour Pineapple and Ginger Preserve
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 t. ground cinnamon
- ½ t. ground cloves
- ½ t. ground nutmeg
- ½ t. ground allspice
- ½ t. ground black pepper
- 1 cup water
- 2 t. baking soda
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 2 bottles of Belcour Pineapple and Ginger Preserve
- 10” cake pan
More recipes with:
belcour pineapple and ginger preserve, cake, ginger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter a 10” cake pan
- Whisk together the molasses, honey, sugar, pineapple jam and oil.
- Whisk dry ingredients, except baking soda, together in another bowl.
- Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan, stir in the baking soda and then mix the hot water into the molasses mixture. Stir in the grated ginger.
- Gradually whisk the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Add the eggs, and continue mixing until everything is thoroughly combined. Pour the batter into the prepared baking pan and bake for one hour or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool and ice the cake with
- Ice with warmed Belcour Pineapple and Ginger Preserves.
Leave a Reply