A hearty and warming vegetarian soup. Can be made Vegan friendly!
Belcour Cookbook, Lunch, Soups, Vegetarian
- 4 large zucchini
- peeled and diced
- 2 large red onions, diced
- ¼ cup fresh parsley
- 2-3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- ¼ lb. butter or Earth Balance
- 1 T. Belcour Honey Mustard Pepper Sauce
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup dry Brandy (or a dry white wine or Vermouth)
- Parmesan cheese or other hard cheese, grated
- Scallions or chives for garnish
- Countertop Blender or Immersion Blender
More recipes with:
belcour-honey mustard pepper sauce, zucchini
- Heat a sauté pan and add butter, melting over medium heat.
- Add onion to the hot butter and sauté until soft and beginning to brown.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the onions and add the zucchini and sauté until soft. (If the vegetables are overcrowded in the pan, they will steam rather than sauté. If necessary, sauté them in batches to avoid this.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add two cups of broth. Add parsley and stir well to combine. Add Belcour Honey Mustard. Cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Add the brandy and cook for three minutes.
- Cool slightly and blend in until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with finely cut and chopped scallion or chives and/or grated cheese on top.
- Serve with garlic bread.
Leave a Reply