An orange cake with a strong citrus flavour.
- 8 oz. butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted twice
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 3 t. baking powder
- ½ cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 T. fresh orange zest
- 4 eggs
- 1 t. salt
- One bottle of Belcour Five Fruit Marmalade
- Bundt Pan
More recipes with:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and lightly flour a Bundt pan
- Sift the dry ingredients together and whisk in a bowl.
- In a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and mix just until well incorporated.
- Add dry ingredients all at once and continue to mix at medium speed.
- Slowly add orange juice, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared baking pan. Bake for one hour and 10 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool completely and turn it onto a plate.
- Warm a bottle of Belcour Five Fruit Marmalade and brush it over the top of the cake.