Crepes with Guava Preserve
Delicious Dessert or Bunch topped with Belcour Guava Preserve.
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 4 t. sugar
- 6 T. flour
- ¼ t. nutmeg
- ¼ t. cinnamon
- ¼ t. salt
- 2 T. melted butter, cooled
- 4 T. butter
- 4 T. Belcour Guava Preserve or dark brown sugar
- 4 T. orange liqueur
- Juice from one orange
- 1 T. orange zest
- 2 oranges or a Jamaican ortanique, peeled and sliced, pith removed
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced on the bias
- 4 T. chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 T. rum for lighting
- A crepe or nonstick pan
More recipes with:
- Melt butter and set aside to cool.
- Whisk together the milk and eggs.
- Whisk all dry ingredients together and mix with milk and egg mixture.
- Whisk cooled melted butter into the mixture and chill for 30 minutes.
- Heat a 10” crepe or nonstick pan and lightly brush it with butter until hot but not smoking. Pick the pan up and pour in a ¼ cup ladleful of batter, tilting and rotating the pan to evenly coat the bottom. Place pan over medium heat and cook the crepe until it is set and beginning to release around the edges of the pan. Flip by picking up the edges and cook the other side for a minute or so. Transfer the crepe to a platter. Brush the pan with butter before making each crepe.
- Clean the pan and return to the stove. Melt butter, Belcour Guava Preserve, orange liqueur or rum, orange juice, and zest over medium-low heat until it is homogeneous.
- Dip each crepe in the sauce fold in quarters and lay on a platter.
- Finally, add the orange segments and bananas to the remaining sauce and stir, covering the fruit with the sauce. If it begins to dry out too much, add some water as needed.
- Spoon over the crepes and sprinkle the nuts over the top. Pour the rum over the crepes and light using a match. Serve with a dollop of vanilla ice cream.