Hot Honey Mustard Eggs Benedicts
A spicy version of a classic North American breakfast favorite.
- English Muffins
- Poached Eggs
- Filet of beef tenderloin or moked salmon or ham
- 3 egg yolks
- ¼ cup of freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 4 oz. or 1 stick of butter
- 2 T. Belcour Honey Mustard Pepper Sauce
- ¼ t. salt
- Double boiler or metal bowl that fits into your sauce pan.
More recipes with:
- Beat three egg yolks, add lime juice and warm over a double boiler, whipping continuously. (If you don’t have a double boiler, use a metal bowl that fits atop the saucepan. Make sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water).
- When the yolks start to thicken add ½ of the butter and whisk until it melts. Add the other ½ of the butter and continue whisking.
- Add the Belcour Honey Mustard. Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and put aside until ready to use. The hollandaise is ready when you have made a smooth emulsion. If the sauce looks like it is breaking (separating), add a few drops of cold water and whisk again.
- Bring a pot of water to a simmer and add 1 T. vinegar. Crack the eggs, one at a time into a large spoon or small bowl. Keep the yolks whole. Slide into the water and gently push any straying whites back in place. Keeping the water at a simmer, and cook the eggs for 2-3 minutes.
- Take out eggs of the simmering water with a slotted spoon, draining all excess water.
- Place a slice of ham or a slice of beef tenderloin, or smoked salmon or avocado, on a toasted, English muffin half. Then place a poached egg on a slice of meat of your choosing. Drizzle with warm hollandaise sauce over the egg.
Author: Belcour Preserves