Warm Honey Jerked Chicken Pasta
A spicy, Jamaican spin on a satisfying pasta salad
Spring is here! This pasta makes a perfect lunch especially, if you’re having a few friends over. Serve with a fresh salad. It’s good even at room temperature. Enjoy!
- 4 medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 t. salt
- ½ t. pepper
- ½ bottle of Belcour Honey Jerk Sauce
- 1 t. Belcour Honey Mustard Pepper Sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup onion, diced and divided in half
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 red sweet bell pepper, diced, seeds and stems removed
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced, seeds and stems removed
- ½ cup fresh basil chopped (extra leaves for garnish)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 T. Balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 4 oz. of goat cheese
- ½-1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- ½ cup pitted black olives, pitted and quartered
- ½ cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup pine nuts, dry toasted in the oven or in a pan
- 1 lb. of penne pasta cooked al dente (reserve 1/3 cup of the pasta water)
No special equipment required.
More recipes with:
belcour honey jerk pepper sauce, belcour pineapple and ginger preserve, chicken, pasta
- Preheat broiler.
- Rub the salt and pepper into the chicken. Mix ½ bottle of Belcour Honey Jerk Sauce, 1 t. Belcour Honey Mustard Sauce, the 3 chopped garlic cloves and the ½ cup of diced onion together. Pour over the chicken and cover. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Remove chicken breasts from marinade and rub some olive oil over the breasts. Strain marinade and reserve. Place chicken under hot broiler. Broil for four minutes on each side. Set aside and cool.
- While the chicken is cooling, sauté remaining ½ cup of onions until soft and translucent. Add remaining 3 garlic cloves and sauté for one minute, stirring. Add sweet peppers and sauté until soft. Add olives and sun-dried tomatoes and strained marinade. Add spinach. Add wine, broth and reduce by 1/3.
- Slice cooled chicken breasts in long slices and place in pan with vegetables and sauce. Heat chicken through.
- In a large serving bowl toss the warm pasta with the chicken and sauce. Fold in the cheeses, the toasted pine nuts, and basil. Garnish with basil and serve with crusty bread.
Leave a Reply