Shrimp Salad with Papaya and Honey Jerk Dressing
A refreshing, seafood salad. Great for hot weather.
- 1 lb. l16-20 count raw shrimp with shells, de-veined*
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 4 sprigs of thyme
- 5 pimento berries
- 1 small yellow onion, quartered
- 2 limes, quartered
- 1 green Scotch Bonnet pepper
- 3 T. Kosher salt
- 2 t. lime juice
- 1 T. red wine vinegar
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 5 T. Belcour Honey Jerk Sauce
- 1 T. cilantro, leaves only, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 T. Honey
- ½ small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 head of Bibb or Boston lettuce
- 1 ripe papaya, peeled, seeded and cut in large wedges
- 1 grapefruit or orange, peeled, pith removed and sliced
No special equipment required.
- In a large pot combine the garlic, thyme, pimento berries, onion, limes, the whole green scotch bonnet and four cups of water. Bring to boil over high heat and stir to dissolve salt. Add the shrimp and cook for three minutes. Drain and cool.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together and add salt and pepper as desired. Place the lettuce decoratively on four plates. Divide the papaya wedges among four plates and place shrimp on top of the papaya wedges.
- Drizzle dressing over the shrimp papaya and lettuce. Toss all salad ingredients with remaining dressing and scatter on the plates. Garnish with papaya seeds.
Author: Belcour Preserves