Honey Mustard Lobster or Shrimp Kebabs
Succulent lobster or shrimp is marinaded in a spicy sauce and grilled to perfection.
- 4 raw lobster tails or 1 ½ lbs. peeled and deveined, 16-20 count, shrimp
- 1 medium pineapple, cut in 1” cubes
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 T. Belcour Honey Mustard Pepper Sauce
- 1 t. lemon or lime zest
- ¼ lb. unsalted butter, melted
- 2 T. parsley finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 2 T. freshly squeezed lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Bamboo or steel skewers
- Preheat the grill to 375 degrees or start your coals if not using a gas grill.
- Soak the bamboo skewers in water.
- Extract the lobster flesh by pulling back the shells and removing the meat. It may be necessary to use kitchen shears. Cut the meat from each lobster tail into thirds.
- Whisk the olive oil, Belcour Honey Mustard, and the lemon zest and marinate the lobster (or shrimp if using) for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Remove lobster from marinade and reserve. Skewer the lobster, alternating with the cubes of fresh pineapple.
- Melt the butter with any reserved marinade in a saucepan. Add the lime juice and whisk over medium heat for 3-5 minutes.
- Brush the kebabs and place on the grill for three minutes on each side, or until lobster (or shrimp) is opaque. Take care not to overcook. The lobster will be opaque but soft when you bite into it.
Note: if any sauce remains, bring to a boil and serve with kebabs.
Author: Belcour Preserves