Belcour Sour Cream Guava Cake
A decadent, tropical dessert topped with sweet Belcour guava preserve.
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- ½ t. vanilla
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t. baking powder
- zest of one lemon
- 1 Bottle Belcour Guava Preserve
More recipes with:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease and flour a bunt pan
- Whisk the sifted flour and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Cream butter and sugar together with a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment.
- Add the salt and the eggs, one at a time.
- Add sour cream, vanilla and lemon zest and continue mixing, just until combined.
- Gradually fold the flour mixture into the creamed butter mixture in thirds.
- Bake for one hour and allow cake to cool.
- In a small saucepan melt a jar of Belcour Guava Preserve (or Belcour Pineapple Jam) and pour over the top of the cooled cake. Serve with vanilla Ice Cream.
Author: Belcour Preserves