Honey Mustard Scotch Eggs
A classic pub snack or an hors d'oeuvre or served with brunch.
No special equipment required.
More recipes with:
- Hard boil the eggs. Soak the eggs in cold water and peel.
- Remove the skin from the sausages (if any) and flatten into discs.
- Beat the eggs. Lightly season the Panko with salt and pepper in another bowl.
- Dust the eggs with seasoned flour, then wrap the sausage around the egg. If the sausage meat is a little dry, moisten with a teaspoon of the beaten egg to hold the sausage together.
- Dip the sausage wrapped egg into the bowl with beaten eggs and coat thoroughly. Then roll the egg in the Panko breadcrumbs, until covered completely. Chill for one hour.
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan until 350 degrees. Fry the eggs until golden. Drain on paper towels.
- Cut the eggs in half and serve with a drizzle of Belcour Honey Mustard as an hors d’oeuvre.
Note: The Scotch eggs can be chilled after you fry them and reheated in the oven when ready to serve.
Author: Belcour Preserves