Belcour Honey Jerked Pulled Pork Sandwiches
Our take on tender, savoury pulled pork.
- 15 lbs. pork shoulder 6 bottles of Red Stripe beer
- 6 T. soy sauce
- 6 T. oyster sauce
- 6 T. mustard
- 6 T. Honey
- 6 bottles Belcour Honey Jerk Sauce
- 6 medium yellow onions, diced
- 24 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 36 scallions
- 3 T. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- fresh thyme
- salt and pepper
- Vegetable oil
- 1 T. Vinegar
No special equipment required.
More recipes with:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Whisk all ingredients together and pour over the pork shoulder. Refrigerate overnight if possible, or minimum of 4 hours, turning once.
- Remove the pork shoulder from the marinade and place in a baking dish. Rub the pork lightly with oil and 1/2 of the marinade. Cover with foil and cook covered in the preheated oven for 2 hours. Remove the foil, baste with marinade and cook for 4 hours more, basting two more times and turning the pork once. Add more beer if it looks dry.
- The pork is done when it is tender and falling off the bone. Remove the pork and cool. Shred the pork with your fingers, removing some of the fat. Keep some of the fat for flavour and tenderness. Spoon the gravy/drippings over the pulled pork, sprinkle with a little vinegar and add Belcour Honey Jerk to taste. Serve with cornbread or rolls and coleslaw
Author: Belcour Preserves