Honey Ginger Salad DressingApril 10, 2017
Tofu with scallion and soy sauceApril 13, 2017
Gran Ma’s recipe for cooking a whole fish.
- A 2-3 lb fresh red snapper (or grouper, trout, etc) Dressed*
- 2 T. soy sauce
- 2 T. fresh ginger, grated
- 4 scallions, finely chopped, white and light green parts only
- 4 scallions cut into long strips
- Dash of Belcour Honey Mustard Pepper Sauce or Scotch Bonnet pepper, finely diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Score the fish diagonally and rub all indredients except the water over the fish and inside the cavity.
- Place a heavy pot with 3” of water on the stove and bring to a simmer.
- Place the whole fish in a steamer, put the long scallions over the top and place above the water and cover and steam fish for 20 minutes.
- Alternately, if you don’t have a steamer, pour oil into a heavy pot and heat over medium heat.
- Place the fish in the pot, place long scallions on top, pour on the soy sauce and cover, poaching the fish for 20 minutes, or longer for a larger fish.
- The fish should spring enough water if not, add a little water during cooking if necessary.